Tag: AGM

SCC AGM 2019

Comrades!

Jontin on it

Once again I find myself putting finger to plastic to bring the minutes of our August AGM, held in January. The very peak of a British winter, made great by our simple gathering. In fact it was anything but – more a grandiose collection of inestimable comrades, rotung in girth, long in shaft and stiff in resolution. I will shut up.

MInutes of the AGM for the Soho Cricket Collective
24th January 2019
The Lord’s Tavern
Lord’s
London

YURI

Having decided a quorum was present, the register was:

  1. Philip Richardson – YURI
  2. Malcolm Hercus – MALKOVICH
  3. Jonathan Savitt – JONTIN
  4. Dan Woodhouse – DACHA
  5. Malik Suleman – MALIKOVICH
  6. Stephen Meade – TBC
  7. John Hirst – YANKHEROFF
  8. Dan March – SOLDYA
  9. Pete Brandon – BRANDONOVSKI

No particular order placed.

Absent friends and comrades were toasted – yummy.

MALKOVICH – treasurer commissar

  • There was something of a scare over finance and if we made a big loss – resolved when Chiswick House repaid the £300 they owed us for cancellation last season. However, it was by no means a high profit year.
  • Accounting systems need a good overhaul.
  • Comrade (Now comrade commissar adjutant) Stephen Meade volunteered to help Malkovich with preparation of an online Google spreadsheet for match fees and also membership subs.
  • Yankers wanted it also to encompass some non online payments as we need cash for teas – we all agreed.
  • Membership fees unchanged.

BRANDONOVSKI – Quartermaster commissar

  • 10% of all sales though our cricket store come to us – have there been any and can we have it? Brando to investigate and report back.
  • Yankers mooted the idea of a club gazebo – rejected due to transport issues
  • Yuri mooted club flag – lethargic response, again due to transport of base.
  • All happy with company Serious Cricket – yes.

JONTIN – Captains’ commissar

  • Play fair – maintain the spirit of the game and and drink spirit, during the game. Spread the love.
  • A vice captain must play a role, learn from the captain or teach the captain if the seniority is reversed.
  • More must volunteer to captain.
  • Soldya volunteered forthwith to captain with greater frequency.
  • Jontin: “People like to win. Don’t lose a match to be nice.” to which we mostly all agreed except for Yuri who once again stated that he doesn’t want us to become “a lethal winning machine.” – never fails in leading to raucous laughter.
  • Stephen Mead [my notes are hard to read]:”Bet Ling to captain is to captain. Sorry, Stephen, I had drunk beer.
  • Yuri: [thought, not spoken] Why do I always write the bloody minutes?

YANKHEROFF – Fixtures commissar

  • Fixtures have now been advertised on FaceBook and need to go on blog – Yuri
  • Last year we scheduled 11 and got to play 5 – weather and one other issue
  • Small comms issue admitted to by Yankers in regards to Stoke Row – shit happens
  • Fixture with Top Knockers now replaces the above. They are another roaming team, we all look forward to seeing these Knockers running about the field.
  • Sandon weekender now forward one week.
  • No VCC – they don’t think we are fun. Somewhat of a shame but upon looking at the table, I saw not one tear.
  • All other changes to schedule heartily accepted.
  • Hole is still present on May 5th – offers for oppo?

DACHA – Training commissar

  • AN initial discussion on where the best place for the net sessions was and it seemed that we all still felt Paddington worked well, and that Lord’s for indoor nets was also good.
  • It is important that the SCC try to net together as much as we can and not just net independently. Keep the camaraderie strong.
  • SOLDYA is very keen for a net at Lord’s with a coach and there was a good degree of support for this.
  • Stephen Meade (TBC) introduced the idea of nets at George Abbot school and other private school possibilities. This requires travel to Guildford which put some off, but the idea of sourcing a London school with indoor nets is a good idea.
  • I have an added note saying that DACHA was to look into group training sessions. However, my writing is terrible.
  • Nets in the great outdoors to commence approx’ mid Feb – Brrraaahhh
  • A system of warm-ups before each game – needs to be made essential and is vital to prevent injury for this season.

YURI – comrade commissar premier

  • A new commissar is appointed, STEPHEN MEADE (nickname TBC) whose responsibility will be towards membership, the full details of which will be settled before the season starts.
  • No other changes to the commissariat other than that of Yuri which is detailed below.
  • YANKHEROFF was wondering about new members drinks and when and where?
    • The Lion is mentioned and its upstairs – where is this place?
    • Within first two weeks of March
  • YURI is going to step down as Premier at the end of the very last game in this coming 2019 season. It’s been great but it will also be Yuri’s 10th year.
    • Some debate about if the SCC needs a Premier at all. It seems to run itself, and all commissars know what they have to do.
    • Comrade commissar Stephen Meade made a point that it runs itself so well because of the existence of a Premier.
    • Premier Yuri to write up his list of duties.

Any other business

  • There should be a 10 year anniversary celebration. This could be several dates of course, it’s Yuri’s 10th year of premiering the SCC but the 10 year anniversary itself is 20th August 2010.
  • Twitter needs reactivating – Yuri to pass details to Brando.
  • SOLDYA requests Ben-Romer-Lee gets free membership for 2019 as he didn’t play once and yet paid in 2018 – agreed.
  • MALKOVICH – Can we hire umps and scorers on occasion where there are no village local – Yes, carried.
  • Stephen Meade said something about the “Young lad of Sandon” but I may have dreamt that.
  • YANKERS – Match reports by those who want to write them – if they were there. Also, “Scoring is not boring”.

CLOSE

These minutes are for adding and adjusting by those present at the AGM and should be done so by comments or emails to premier.

Many thanks

Yuri

SCC AGM 2018

SCC AGM Minutes 8th February 2018

Those present:

Yuri
Malikovich (wants new comrade name)
Malkovich (happy with comrade name)
Dacha
Jontin
Soldya

new blood: Alex (Alexei) Williams

Those unable to attend who sent apologies:

Brandonovski – summoned to gulag
Yankerov – summoned to gulag
Ruboneoff – escaping gulag

Agenda:

1. The Premier’s Opening Address : Yuri noted that a quorum was present at the Lord’s Tavern. A toast was made to absent friends.

2. Treasurer
In Brandonovski’s absence a coup was staged by Malkovich to be the new Party Treasurer – this was seconded by Soldya, 3rded by Dacha and unanimously agreed upon by those in attendance – and by Brandonovski in absentia.

Soldya and Bogey licker

Malkovich is hereby named as the NEW TREASURER of the SCC.

Points noted by and for the New Treasurer:

i) He needs access to the account
ii) He needs the PIN for the SCC card.
iii) Any Quartermaster/Serious Cricket kit monies to be transferred to SCC account.
iv) Membership fees to remain at £50
v) New Members to have a one off reduced membership fee of £25 for the first year.
vi) Necessity for a Portable Defibrillator – Treasurer to look into costs of hiring one vs purchasing one.

New blood, Alex Williams

3. Fixtures:
In the absence of the Fixtures Secretary it was noted that he had once again put together an excellent fixture list but we made a note not to tell him this.

Suggestion was made for Brandonovski to look into one or two 20/20 fixtures as a mid-week evening fixture is always nice – perhaps v. Wenlock Arms?

4. Quartermaster:

All SCC members to have AT LEAST the standard SCC top as a minimum kit requirement.

5. Captains’ reports:
Jontin entertained all with a potted summary of the assembled team members’ strengths and weaknesses – videos to follow.

Discussions centred around the possibility of Jontin captaining roughly half the fixtures and mentoring others to captain the remaining matches.

The emphasis should be on enjoyment but with a competitive spirit, in the words of the Great Walrus himself:
“It’s that people enjoy it, that’s the key. Not winning at all costs. We’re here to enjoy and have fun but it’s nice to push yourself and win too”

Treasurer Malkovich added that his biggest frustration was an occasional defeatist attitude which must be eradicated if we are to achieve our Five Year Plan.

Jontin on teamwork:
“I would always spread it around”

I’m jolly Jontin

Jontin on team banter:
“We need the spunk”

Jontin on – erm, not quite sure what he was talking about but he said this:
“I will always push myself hard to get into a good position, getting the balance right and having a good time”

AOB:

Yuri Pedeez (Phil) expects and requests somebody to step up as potential premier for the 2019 season. This will still go to vote and Yuri will stand too but hopes that there shall be scope for variety going forward as he shall not always be living in London or available to premier.

Team to make extra effort to keep the energy up – especially in the last ten overs
Banter & Team morale to be a priority this season.

Scoring:
We have a tablet – Phil brings it to every game – let’s use it!!
Umpiring:
Help each other, coach those who don’t know on umpiring rules & regs.

WoodDacha to make a one page handy doc that has all field placings and key umpiring regs (hand signals & lbw rule basics).

Social Diary – a date to be fixed for New Members’ Drinks.

Phil has a massive kit bag.

CLOSED AT 21:52.

SCC 2017 awards night glory

Comrade commissar Brandonovski

Awards night comes around so quickly. The season is barely in full swing before we’re stopped and reminiscing on our failings and our victories. Twas ever such. 

The venue this year was the Lord’s Tavern which sits within a quick single of the Mecca of British cricket and we were warmly welcomed add had a fabulous night. 

As you can see, the main event was the award of the Cobramovich trophy, the comrades’ comrade samovar, to Brandonovski. Aka Pete Brandon. The result was a clear win for him and we all celebrate his success… he was decidedly gooey! Congratulations from us all Brandonivski.

Other winners on the night were the recipients of the SCC certificates of merit for their season’s achievements. They were…

Best keeping – Brandonovski (Pete Brandon)

Most improved – Malkovich (Malcolm Hercus)

Most runs – Vlad (Charlie Richards)

Most wickets – Yuri P (Philip Richardson)

Captaincy merit – Dacha (Dan Woodhouse)

Well done all comrades!

Semper sodales, fors et victores!!

 

 

 

SCC – AGM minutes 2017

The Montagu Pyke

Hello comrades, below is the results of our AGM from 8th February 2017.

The AGM was held in the most celubrious of venues, The Montagu Pyke on Greek street.

YURI

Is there a quorum of at least 3? Yes. Those present were:

  1. Dacha, Dan Woodhouse
  2. Soldya, Dan March
  3. Jontin, Jonathan Savitt
  4. Yankheroff, Jon Hirst
  5. Will Roberts
  6. Simon Woods
  7. Harrison Rose
  8. Yuri, Philip Richardson

A toast to absent friends was warmly received. 

TREASURER’S REPORT

  • Treasurer post empty so Yuri stands in for this part
  • Treasurer has stood down after invitation as he was unable to volunteer time – namely Ilyeva, Olivier Lauchenauer
  • A bank statement was presented as a report due to lack of treasury time and input. This was reviewed by all to determine there was no impropriety. 
  • A vote was taken on the main issue of whether or not fees should change from the 2016 season and a decision of ‘no change’ was arrived at. Jontin voted against, expressing no opinion in either way!
    • Membership fees are £50 for the season except for under 18s, full time students and those who are over 59.

YANKHEROFF – FIXTURES

Comrade commissar Yankheroff, John Hirst, presented a detailed list of fixtures for 2017 which shall be presented to the comrades soon.

  • It has a splendid schedule and provides a game every other week.
  • A fantastic two day event towards season end.
    • 4 innings match
    • at Baldock
    • Paying for umpires and scorers
  • LMS and BELIEVERS dropped
  • Ley Hill added
  • Biggest season ever!
  • RECRUITMENT DRIVE
    • Yankheroff determined we bring in new blood, at least 2-3 regulars – all in agreement
    • Grateful for young blood at the AGM – let’s see them playing!
    • Start of season drinks required late March early April
  • SCORING HELP
    • Ipad APP of some description required to help in scoring
    • Yuri pointed out the need was equally that of lack of ‘bother’ from some comrades
    • App shall be purchased!
  • A toast of congratulations was given to Yankheroff for stirling work in the fixtures for 2017 and his work last season.

BRANDONOVSKI BY YURI

  • The purchase through charitable collection of a portable defibrillator was raised for a vote and unanimously carried. We shall hope to have one in place by the season end. This will take considerable effort and a plan must be prepared.
  • Twitter feed – Brandonovski wants to contribute further content to that. All agreed.
  • FACEBOOK/BLOG: A long and passionate debate ensued and covered the following areas:
    • Yankheroff felt the blog and its costs was not necessary as it is usurped by Facebook
    • Yuri believe both have their place.
    • The FB group is now public and both events and posts are soon to be on the blog.
    • Although Yuri was happy to maintain the blog under his own funds, the general consensus was to maintain both blog and facebook.
      • FB definitely captures most of our current players
      • Blog is accessible and readily available to those that are not on facebook
  • Brandonovski also sees the need for recruitment and together with Yankheroff and Yuri we shall develop a recruitment drive for about 3-4 new players, over and above the intake of the last two seasons.
  • The shop is still there and selling our club kit: http://www.seriouscricket.co.uk/teamwear/stores/soho-cricket-collective
    • Every paid player should have at least a match shirt, presently at £19.99

DACHA – TRAINING COMMISSAR

  • After keenly volunteering to look after net bookings at Paddington and beyond, Dacha, Dan Woodhouse, was appointed Training Commissar. A unanimously welcomed appointment.
  • We are still happy to use Paddington as our main net facility
  • Plastic stumps for SCC shall be purchased (present stumps are with Yuri)

A hot bed of an AGM

JONTIN – CAPTAINS’ REPORT

  • All comrades to concentrate on fitness
  • Youth in the outfield placed where valuable
  • Always buy your round in the pub
  • Everybody must make a greater effort to know your positions – we shall train in this
  • More talking in the field – keep the Soho spirit up
  • Dacha to enable pre-match warm ups and develop them

YURI – VOTING AND POSITIONS

  • Voting for Treasurer was an odd affair as Brandonovski had said that he would do it if nobody else would – nobody else did. Consequently the commissariat positions are as follows
    • comrade commissar premier – Yuri
    • comrade commissar treasurer – Brandonovski
    • comrade commissar fixtures secretary – Yankheroff
    • comrade commissar of captains – Jontin
    • comrade commissar quartermaster – Brandonovski
    • comrade commissar adjutant – Hodderoff
    • comrade commissar of training – Dacha

AOB

  • By this point it must be noted for the minutes that a fair amount of mist had fogged the eyes of the chairperson and minute-taker, Yuri. Apologies for the brevity throughout, but I believe this was noted:
  • Yankheroff – worried for SCC last season but feels we are all delighted that we are still a team and will play on and on and on. 2017 to be a great season.
  • Possible nicknames were devised for Harrison and Simon.
    • Plemyanik – Harrison
    • Ledz – Simon

THE MEETING CLOSED with the bar still open.

20/20 Beer

SCC AGM Minutes – 28th January 2016

Comrades!

logoBelow are the minutes from our AGM held on 28th January 2016. A very interesting and effective meeting and one which was of course, all the less for the lack of Cobramovich, Tim Graham. From our very first AGM, Tim would be amongst us and gave our meetings a very great sense of meaning and purpose. We did our best, comrade!

SCC AGM NOTES 19:45 on 28th January 2016
The Union Club, Greek Street

Comrades, behold the notes of the AGM as held above. There are places where they are scant and trivial and other places where there is more information than necessary. They are therefore, full and accurate.

The agenda at present is:

YURI

 

  • A quorum was achieved and those present were:
  • Brandonovski, Chipmonkski, Dacha, Hudski, Ilyeva,Yankheroff and Yuri
  • All raised a toast to absent friends.

 

ILYEVA

 

  • Ilyeva flopped his financial statements onto the table. They are attached.
  • Membership down due to loss of Marx-B and his sons.
  • Keeping ‘home’ games and paying for pitch hire is fine as we are still left with money in the bank at the end of the season.
  • If any member incurs an expense, such as paying for a tea, an invoice is to be presented to the treasurer as soon as possible and repayment made straight away. This to take effect from now on.
  • End of year charitable payment (50% of bank) to go now to two charities:
  • Parkinsons as already provided for.
  • The House of Saint Barnabas. Brandonovski is going to sort out contact and other details and also look into securing some possible future comrades.
  • The MCA cricket oppo want to split costs of Chiswick and we are happy to let them.
  • Membership fees to remain at £50
  • Match fee of £15 for home games scrapped.

 

 

BRANDONOVSKI

 

  • What is happening about the Serious Cricket kick-back payments? Who was looking into this please?
  • Remain with Serious Cricket but push sales of kit more.
  • Everybody should have at least a shirt if playing.
  • Discussion on further attire. Blazer and tie. The former seen as unlikely at present and the latter more likely – worth investigating.

 

  • Brandonovski raised discussion held with Stocko of VCC in regards to two items:
  • Cobramovich Memorial match – Date suggested as 19th June 2016. A decent affair with family attraction, food marquee, play for all in some manner. A committee is being raised of four people, two from VCC and likewise from the SCC: Ilyeva and Brandonovski.
  • Memorial cap for Cobramovich. One sporting colours of both SCC and VCC. A VCC designer is creating a design and we were asked if this would be of interest.
  • Yuri was concerned that this would undermine the value of the SCC cap and that it may be a poaching attempt by the VCC. Brandonovski commented that this was a rather low suggestion of Yuri’s.
  • However, Yuri was very keen that at all SCC matches we should be wearing SCC caps, as indeed Cobra would have been, but accepted that for the memorial match, it may be a nice touch.
  • It was decided to see how the costing of such a cap would work out.

 

 

CAPTAINS’ REPORTS

 

  • Our most capped Captain, comrade commissar Jontin was unavailable so we had a broad discussion on various points:
  • Should we appoint a permanent team captain?
  • Championed by Brandonovski, Dacha and Yankheroff:
  • Unified season long view of the team
  • Knowing where players are best
  • Jontin is by far the better captain and shouldn’t be sidelined
  • Opposed by Chipmonkski, Yuri and Ilyeva
  • Founding SCC principle is that all can play and try
  • We need to bring other captains on from our ranks
  • Yuri does not like what he hears from the VCCs use of the fixed captain
  • Deciding compromise was:
  • Create and offer the position of Captain Commissar to Jontin
  • Such commissar will be captain for no more than 50% of our fixtures – but these to be the toughest ones, where experience is vital.
  • Captain Commissar to allocate captains for remaining matches and vice if he is available for those.
  • The SCC-CC to also be responsible for captaincy training.
  • Chipmonkski reported on Lindfield CC match
  • Loved it but would prefer to not captain and also provide the tea for the same match as both jobs proved tricky!

 

 

YURI

 

  • This year, once again, all commissariat roles were up for nominations but none of the existing positions were challenged by anyone.
  • As Soldya Grandmaforra-fiver is off to the USA for a good chunk of the season, his commissariat role of Commissar Adjutant was nominated to Hodderoff and was accepted in his absence by Yuri. He had already approved.

 

 

YANKHEROFF & BRANDONOVSKI

 

  • Fixtures list is now on the blog – Chipmonkski, thank you!
  • Facebook needs to be updated too. Ilyeva used to do this but is now not on facebook. Yuri will do this.
  • Commonly agreed that Yankheroff has done a great job in the fixing the list.
  • LMS unlikely to be able to get a team. Dropped
  • No 20/20s as yet but possible if offered. ie: Taverners if we fancy being thrashed.
  • Hit or Miss CC – day match? Yes, why not?
  • Should we have a two match weekend with Stoke Row and another? Possible date being 2nd July?
  • Yes. FInd a suitable fixture working through them.
  • Accommodation available but we must know fast
  • Winter indoor nets at Lords or the Oval?
  • The notion of Oval indoor nets was considered as it is more economic. At which point, Yankheroff tried to phone them. It was 21:55. Nobody answered.
  • Nets should be regular so we know they are coming, every other week?
  • Winter nets are fine if casual.
  • Nets are tough on the bowlers. Can we join with another club for regular practice? MCA were mentioned.

 

 

YURI

 

  • New members event and season drinks to be combined into one do. Date to be arranged by Ilyeva and Yuri. Probably March.
  • The Umpiring Dilemma: Brandonovski had good points to raise:
  • With the terrible loss of Cobramovich and the reluctance to learn to score, leaving Yuri hard at it, we are down two umpires.
  • Should we bring in local umpires to help.
    Yes, but we have to look at the finances and also the availability which we know to be an issue.

 

  • We must force those who want to play to umpire and score. Training will be forced on them if necessary. No participation, no play.
  • Fielding practice
  • Brandonovski to initiate fielding practice routines and exercises.
  • Turning up late to games reduces our ability to do this and makes us drop catches and be far worse in the field.

 

    • AOB

 

  • Russian medals for awards – yes!
  • Clare Chipmonkski to source.
  • Are we getting Value for money from web hosting?
  • In the greater scheme of things, yes. They are a good British host and look after naming, hosting and tech issues fast. Yuri happy to consider other options.
  • Close of proceedings at 22:51

 

LINK TO ACCOUNTS

 

AGM minutes, Tuesday 3rd February 2015

Judge Yuri
Judge Yuri

Comrades!

Behold, scrumptious minutes scrawled and reinterpreted by my good self which report the stunning pantomime of serious intent, which was our AGM. None of you would enjoy it or take any pleasure from it, so please continue to avoid it like the plague so that we may bear the strain of leadership and bleed before your eyes, the tears of burden.

Let the detail commence:

YURI – comrade commissar premier

  • A huge turn-out of five attended:
    • Cobramovich
    • Ilyeva
    • Jontin
    • Vlad
    • Yuri
  • All were welcomed.


ILYEVA –
comrade commissar treasurer

  • Ilyeva presented the statements of account which were accepted. Comrade commissar Jontin noted that in all of his time dealing with sums, figures, balance sheets and accounting forms, he had never seen such a set of figures.
  • CLICK ME FOR ACCOUNTS
  • In regards to the bank, it was agreed that the 20-20 matches had upheld the accounts in the black.
  • We must consider carefully the hosting of matches as they cost us.
  • Membership fees are to go up to £50 from £40 but this includes the charitable donation which is remaining at £20.
  • It was noted that other clubs’ fees are still substantially higher than ours.
  • SCC hosted matches are to be charged at £15 whilst away matches are still £10. Remember that SCC hosted matches are quite rare and always superb!
  • After much discussion, the AGM voted in favour of benefiting only Parkinson’s UK from last year’s available charitable funds. Royal Marsden had already benefited from £1,200.00 and more the previous years. The amount we shall pay from last year’s fees and reserves is to be discussed further and reported back before matches commence this year.
  • More use will be made of the charity donation tins at all matches. No more hiding away.

 

COBRAMOVICH in place of BRANDONOVSKI comrade commissar quartermaster

  • Apologies presented to Yuri from Brandonovski. He was unable to attend due to the illness of the club mascot, Walwynski.
  • It is hoped that the Quartermaster will provide a small report on last season’s kit and equipment.
  • Cobramovich asked us to ensure that logins and passwords are available for Serious Cricket site.
  • In regards to the SCC and Serious Cricket, their range is now improved and all of the SCC should check out this new delight of goodies.

COBRAMOVICH – comrade commissar cultural attache

  • At this point, chips were ordered.
  • In a drive to bring in PAWS as well as their players, Cobramovich suggested that this season we strive to have some Tee Shirts made up which bear the SCC logo, big and proud. Great idea and unanimously supported. Brando and Cobramo to arrange.
  • NEW MEMBERS’ event  to be Russian themed.
    • Vodka tasting
    • Prize event?
    • Aim to make it Friday 1st May 2015.
    • To my memory, Cobramovich will lead the organising.
  • La tour d’Oxford 2015. (Deal with my terrible French, Soldya!) The Stoke Row tour covers two days with a night between which would admirably suit a team dinner. These are hellish events to organise as people need to sleep and eat in the same place. But the idea was mooted. There is apparently a suitable pub. Feelers will be put out.
  • COBRAMOSIZE to be brought back. More publicity and an attendance drive for this worthwhile pre-season body and soul work out. Can be adjoined to a nets session.
  • CAPTAINS’ REPORTS
    • Cobramovich was pleased with the games at the beginning and the end of the season, LMS and Xiles. Very kind words in regards to Yuri at LMS. Quite splendidly impressed by the comrades’ performance in Brighton for the Xiles victory. Great depth and ability exhibited. Dagleyev shone! And Vlad mentioned that even the birds stopped singing during the excitement at the close of play.
    • Jontin Stoke Row. Great victory, well deserved and only mired by one of our own players and a pity.  Quote from captain Jontin, “If you’re in, stay in!” – who can argue with that. He held a firm hand on the match and is remorseless – splendid captaincy, Jontin. Lindfield – Another splendid victory. A match of three halves.  Jontin is keen on batting first – a brief rustle of consternation – but so we did. Yuri brought back in to bowl fora second time after a first stint under-performing. Made a difference – Jontin providing a second chance. Team spirit talk really helped save us. Favourite quote of the match was between Sewelski and Jontin, the latter saying it was time to get back into the match, Sewelski returning, “No Jont’s, let’s go and win it!”. Brava!
    • Yuri could remember little of the matches he captained due to the intense excitement. However, de did recall a general note which was how superb Hodderoff was as an opening bat. Then we discussed some general captaining points:
      • When both bats realise the need for the weaker to sacrifice themselves, that event must be planned for and signalled clearly by the captain… And acted upon.
      • Secret communications required when in bat and VC to take over when captain is batting.
      • Captaincy training.
    • NEW captains: Ilyeva and Vlad (Boringski) elected to captain a match this coming season and those from last year to be accommodated also. These can be either 20-20 or 40 over. Soldya required to captain Keble match.
    • We must develop a Man of the Match system.
  • YURI – AOB
    • Royal Marsden, David Adams’ appeal challenge.
      Significant debate was made over this annual fixture due to its cost and the fact that we nearly always lose out financially. The decision was to drop it unless we could get a suitable sponsor to reduce the costs for each player below £100. So who could sponsor us? Possibly Union? Maybe Finn if there was an option to pitch for Royal Marsden work obligation. To investigate.
    • A winner’s meal (was it for Comrades’ comrade winner?) was considered at 10 Greek Street. good idea, but who is the winner and of what? Please remind me.
    • VLAD: Let us have another field practice session as we did several seasons ago. This proved VERY popular and was previously played near Hampstead. LINK HERE to previous session. Let’s organise this, Yankheroff, fancy a planning session?
      Vlad also suggested another fixture, the details of which have gone to Yankheroff.
    • Separate call out for PAWS (Partner, wives and singles) to build a boundary side community and ensure support for all, players and mothers alike! Free T-Shirts!!!

 

20/20 Beer
Good Beer

  • FIXTURES AND DATES – courtesy of hard work by Yankheroff, 20-20 support by Cobramovich and Brandonovski.
    • YANKHEROFF:
      An exciting summer of cricket lies ahead, comrades, with capitalist opposition both old and new. Traditional fixtures such as VCC, Xiles, Chesham, Linfield and Penn St are all in place, alongside a return to Stoke Row (with potential for a weekend mini-tour) and the summer is book-ended with home and away fixtures against our friends LMS. We also have new fixtures against Believers CC (thanks Soldya) and another attempt with Keble College in Oxford, which fell foul of the capitalist weather last June.
      I do need some help securing grounds for the VCC match in June and the Xiles match in July (I have made repeated enquiries with St James & Montefiore, to no avail. Maybe Chipmunkski can have a word?) Can I leave this with you lot please, as any day now I will be going off grid!

 

  • APRIL

  • Sunday 26th – POSSIBLE Hildenborough CC v SCC (LINK TO HCC)
  • MAY

  • Friday 1st May – NEW MEMBERS’ DRINKS
  • Sunday 10th – LMS CC v SCC @ Southgate
  • Friday 15th – F4 20/20 – Round 1 – Pitch 1:  VCC v SCC
  • Saturday 16th – Penn St CC v SCC @ Penn St
  • Wednesday 20th – possible David Adam’s appeal tournament in Teddington: Link
  • Friday 29th – F4 20/20 – Round 2 – Pitch 1:  SCC v Tavs
  • JUNE

  • Saturday 6th June – Keble College 2nd XI v SCC @ Keble Sports Ground, Oxford
  • Sunday June 21st – SCC v VCC @ GROUND NEEDED PLEASE
  • JULY

  • Saturday July 4th – TBC v SCC @ TBC (potential tour match in Stoke Row area, LINK: NETTLEBED? )
  • Sunday July 5th – Stoke Row CC v SCC @ Stoke Row
  • Sunday July 19th – Xiles CC v SCC @ St James’ & Montefiore
  • Friday 24th – F4 20/20 – Finals – Pitch 1:  LMS v SCC  / Awards Presentation
  • Friday 31st – SCC v BOLCC 20/20 annual
  • AUGUST

  • Friday 7th – Linfield CC v SCC @ Linfield
  • Sunday 16th – Believers CC v SCC @ Battersea Park
  • Sunday 30th – Chesham Bois CC v SCC @ Chesham Bois

    SEPTEMBER

  • Sunday 20th Sept – SCC v LMS CC @ Chiswick Park

 

CHANGES AND AMMENDMENTS

Any attendees or contributors to the AGM who remember things differently or would like to note changes or omissions to these minutes, please email me and I shall make suitable corrections.

Many thanks for your works and interest, comrades all.

Do Svidaniya!

AGM minutes, Wednesday 24th January 2014

Half an AGM
Half an AGM

Comrades!

For those 91% of you who thankfully didn’t show up, may I present to you our most scintillating minutes!

AGM held at The Union Club

MINUTES
Those present at 19:00 and then followed some five minutes later, formed the quorum required and were: comrades Yuri, Ilyeva, Yankheroff, Soldya, Jontin and Cobramovitch.

. Present commissar jobs shall remain as they were. Special note made that the role of comrade commissar Fixtures is created for day matches.
. Those in those posts are unchanged and comrade commissar Yankheroff is in charge of day fixtures. Comrade commissar quartermaster Brandonovski is given special duties for fixtures 20-20.
. It was decided there shall be no voting of next year for the positions of Premier and Treasurer.

Treasurer Ilyeva
. Bank account explained and accepted to the last degree.
. £319 to go to Parkinson’s charity.
. Over £1,500 went to the David Adams Leukaemia appeal fund at The Royal Marsden Hospital.
. Subs will remain at £40 for 18 and overs and £20 for youth.
. Half of all subs go to charity.
. The regents park 20-20 tournament will cost £65 to play.
. Certain games will be more if costs are higher but sufficient notice will be given. Otherwise the general match fee will be £10.

quartermaster Brandonovski
. Absent skiing but Cobramovich wished to send him gratitude for a great job last season, we all agreed.
. This seemed like the relevant moment for Jontin to tell us he has lost two stone. He will need a new shirt.
. New styled caps are available from serious cricket.
.Ilyeva will be purchasing this season’s balls.
. There was a brief debate as to whether Cobramovich’s request that Jontin wear a muzzle whilst playing? This was voted down as it was considered to reduce by too much, the level of noise on the pitch, we wish to up, not down.

cultural attaché Cobramovich
. The instructional video of the official greeting of one SCC comrade to another which was filmed diligently at last years cocktails soirée is to be uploaded by Yuri as soon as possible.
. An email of field positions is to be emailed out to all comrades.
. This then forms part of our SOCIAL QUIZ night on March 21st 2014. This was discussed twice on the night but the prescient points are put down here:
. This night is both social and recruitment with a quiz thrown in!
. Each comrade must try to bring at least one new recruit.
. Soldya to arrange quiz including: field positions, scoring and umpiring.
. Cobramovich is looking into a location for the event.
. If this is too much for one event, we shall have the social first and then followed by the quiz another night.

captains’ reports
Cobramovich: last year was very happy about the atmosphere. very good. But wants to make sure we have “stick ability”. Practice on catching is essential. Regents park for catching practice and maybe a field practice session. David Hooper and Stew Barnes were great additions.

in abstentia, Marx wants us to have a composed anthem to sing. We are all for a song but some we’re wondering if we could take melody from an already existing Russian tune?
We should develop a vocal field-checking chant which we must abide by in the field. Keep that pressure up.
He also wanted to ask if it was time for a tour? This was covered more in Jontin’s report although I feel in hindsight, less SCC orientated.

Jontin enjoyed his half match last season and looks forward to more captaining this season. He warns though, of his firm style and strict discipline. So comrades, focus on plying him with compliments and ale and I sense a softer Odobenus Rosmarus will appear! His quote was “I like to win.” – Semper Sodales, fors et Victores, comrade!

Yuri, myself, was delighted with last season though felt a few holes could have been added to in fixtures. This coming season looks good.
I also encouraged a lot more field comedy and barracking!

Comrade commissar Yankheroff and Soldya also wished to captain a 20-20 this season with some strong vice presence and Ilyeva fancied some vice captain work himself.

Fixtures
This is a breakdown of forthcoming fixtures for the season. As it stands now it is splendid and all agreed. Compliments were given to both Brandonovski and Yankheroff for excellent planning. Anyhow, here is the schedule so far.

. Sunday 4th May… SCC v LMSCC at Chiswick (SCC home)
. Saturday 17th May… PSCC v SCC at Penn Street
. Wednesday 21st May… David Adams’ Tournament at Roehampton
. Friday 23rd May… Friendly4 20-20 #1 Reg’ Park
. Saturday 24th May… BWCC v SCC at Badlesmere
. Friday 6th June… Friendly4 20-20 #2 Reg’ Park
. Saturday 7th June… KCCC 2nd XI v SCC at Keble College, Oxford PENCIL
. Saturday 21st June… SCC v VCC at Culford (SCC home)
. Sunday 6th July… SRCC v SCC at Stoke Row
. Friday 11th July… Friendly4 20-20 #3 Reg’ Park
. Saturday 19th July… SCC v MOFCC at ?
. Friday 25th July… SCC v BOLCC 20-20 Reg’ Park
. Sunday 3rd August… XCC v SCC at Xiles Brighton
. Friday 8th August… LCC v SCC at Lindfield. Moved since AGM
. Sunday 31st August… CBCC v SCC at Chesham Bois
. 13/14 September… Fixture?

 

Consoling Dan
Consoling Dan

Any other business
Somewhat aside from the AGM, Soldya was called briefly away in chase of a young lady. Whilst we couldn’t watch the interaction, it was bold and brave. Soldya was informed he was “…batting above his average.” by the nimble prey and she was off before he could mention he was a bowler. Comrade, we salute you.

In regards to a tour; there was a general interest in a tour if the usual suspects were all going. But where was the question most asked. Also to this, was the question, organised by whom?

Jontin has a tour and scheme which is up his sleeve but as it would not be an SCC tour, we cannot mention it in the minutes. Please consult with him directly on this 2015 foreign adventure! He is sure to fill you in.

Business closed at 21:18

Do Svidaniya

AGM 2014 – Wednesday Jan 22nd 2014

Judge Yuri
Judge Yuri

Comrades!

It is AGM time once again. The date and time is 19:00 on Wednesday January 22nd 2014 at The Union Club, Greek Street. We know these events are hardly heaving do’s so we have reserved a usual back table on the ground floor.

IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE AGM:

  • Agenda Content:
    I have of course provided the agenda below. IF you want to add a major point to it, then please email me at phil@sohocricketcollective.com by 23:59 Friday 17th January 2014. There will be AOB at the end of the AGM but that will only be officially considered with rapidity!
  • Commissar positions:
    Commissar positions will be voted for based on the following elements:

    • Commissar Premier – Presently Yuri
      • Moral leadership
      • Fixture selection
      • Blog
    • Commissar Treasurer – Presently Ilyeva
      • Financial responsibility
      • Fixture selection
      • Multi-media comrade
    • Commissar Fixtures – Presently Yankheroff
      • Securing Day-Match fixtures
      • All Fixtures scheduling Operations
    • Commissar Quartermaster – Presently Brandonovski
      • Kit and Equipment provision
      • Securing 20/20 Fixtures
    • Commissar Adjutants – Presently Soldya
      • Communication comrades
      • Specialist situation handlers
    • Commissar Cultural Attache – Presently Cobramovich
    • Commissar Captains – Presently Jontin, Cobramovich, Marx-B, Yuri
      • Those who captain the team or are expected to captain the team in the season will automatically adopt the commissar epithet.
    • If I hear of no difference in opinion before 23:59 Friday 17th January 2014, these are the roles that will come into existence for the 2014 season and the comrades undertaking those roles.
    • Nominations can be from oneself or from a third party with the agreement of that nominated and must be submitted for the agreed roles of commissar by 23:59 Friday 17th January 2014.
    • If there are challenged positions, the AGM will vote on the those nominated and the successful nominee be allocated the role he/she was nominated for immediately and for the whole of the 2014 season.
    • At this time, the roles of commissar Premier and commissar Treasurer cannot be nominated for and rest with Yuri and Ilyeva, as at present. HOWEVER at the AGM a vote can be held on whether these roles should be voted for at the January 2015 AGM.

The Union Club
The Union Club

The agenda at present is:

  1. YURI
    1. Is there a quorum of 3? This season’s new quorum minimum.
    2. Welcome and note those present.
  2. ILYEVA
    1. Financial statements for 2012
    2. What is in the bank?
    3. Statements of account
    4. Expenditure and Income report
    5. Charitable donation report
    6. Membership fees for 2014
  3. BRANDONOVSKI (possible representation by report due to skiing – is that communistic?)
    1. Quartermaster’s report
    2. Plans for 2014
    3.  
  4. COBRAMOVICH
    1. Cultural Attaches report on 2013
    2. Plans for 2014
  5. JONTI, COBRAMOVICH, MARX-B, YURI
    1. Captains’ reports
    2. Plans for 2014
  6. YURI
    1. Commissariat voting
  7. YANKHEROFF & BRANDONOVSKI
    1. Day fixtures list 2014
    2. 20/20 fixtures list 2014
  8. YURI
    1. Any other business?
    2. MARX:
      1. Is it time for a tour?
      2. Special duties for Captain Commissar – “comrade in charge of writing the team song”
    3. Close

Thank you Comrades!

Ilyeva

AGM – Wednesday, 23rd January 2013

Judge Yuri
Judge Yuri

Comrades!

Wednesday, 23rd January 2013 – SCC AGM
The Union Club
50 Greek Street
London
W1D 4EQ

This splendid event comes but once a year, and boy, that’s enough. You verily love to attend and last year our numbers in attendance were simply average. I thank you for that. It is like some deathly chore that I realise you all feel the fear of. Like a trip to a Dentist or some form of sexual health clinic. But i promise you there shall be no drills, swabs, gas or purple liquid – nor anything from a Dentist’s either.

I want you to report back to me if you have any additions to the items on the agenda below. However, I must have feedback one week before the meeting in order to incorporate it and discuss it.

Cobramovich - The comrades' comrade!
Cobramovich – The comrades’ comrade!

The outline agenda is this:

YURI

  • Welcome and note those present.
    • Is there a quorum of 5 minimum, as demanded?

ILYEVA

  • Financial statements for 2012
    • What is in the bank?
    • Statements of account
    • Expenditure and Income report
    • Charitable donation report
    • Membership fees for 2013

BRANDONOVSKI

  • Quartermaster’s report
    • Kit developments

COBRAMOVICH

  • Cultural Attache’s report

COBRAMOVICH, MARX-B, YURI (whoever is present)

  • Captains’ report

20/20 Beer
Good Beer

YURI – COMMISSAR VOTING

  • What Commissar roles are required?
  • Yuri’s suggestion:
    • Commissar Premier
      • Moral leadership
      • Fixture selection
      • Blog
    • Commissar Treasurer
      • Financial responsibility
      • Fixture selection
      • Multi-media comrade
    • Commissar Quartermaster
      • Kit and Equipment provision
      • Match logistics ?
    • Commissar Adjutants
      • Communication comrades
      • Specialist situation handlers
    • Commissar Cultural Attache
      • Training director
      • Cricket knowledge guidance
      • Bacchanalian integration
    • Commissar Captains
      • Those who captain the team or are expected to captain the team in the season will automatically adopt the commissar epithet.
  • If I hear of no difference in opinion before the week deadline before the AGM, these are the roles that will come into existence for the 2013 season.
  • Nominations can be from oneself or from a third party with the agreement of that nominated, and must be submitted for the agreed roles of commissar as will be publicised a week before the AGM.
    • Those at the AGM will vote on the those nominated and the successful nominee be allocated the role he/she was nominated for immediately and for the whole of the 2013 season.
    • At this time, the roles of commissar Premier and commissar Treasurer cannot be nominated for and rest with Yuri and Ilyeva, as at present. HOWEVER at the AGM a vote shall be held on whether these roles can be voted for at the January 2014 AGM.

YURI & ILYEVA

  • status of 2013 fixtures.
  • What is booked?
  • Follow up plans.
  • Match spread over year.

ILYEVA

  • Sponsorship

ALL

  • Training
  • Pre-season drinks

YURI

  • Any other Business?

Thank you Comrades!

AGM Minutes – 15th November 2011


Minutes for AGM of

SOHO CRICKET COLLECTIVE

held on 15th November 2011


Those present at this meeting, being held at The Union Club, 50 Greek Street, London W1, consisting fully of:
Comrade Comissar Premier Philip Richardson – aka Yuri P
Comrade Comissar Treasurer Olivier Lauchenauer – aka Ilyeva Lunch-hour
Comrade Comissar Tim Graham – aka Cobramski
Comrade Rob Dixon – aka Robski
Comrade Dan March – aka Soldya

  1. The welcome was warmly received
  2. All took the opportunity to refresh their memories of the agenda.
  3. Matches and activities:
    NETS: Venues of Net training sessions were discussed and it was resolved to discontinue practices at Holland Park as they were dangerous. However to continue sessions at Lord’s, Regent’s Park, Paddington and investigate nets at The Oval.
    20/20s: These were very succesful. VCC will happily play more. There are indoor sessions that can be played in Lord’s and some other venues. We must contact Sam from the VCC who knows about these from the crouch end site? The short game rules that we used in Regent’s Park were very good and we should develop these some more.
    Matches: Little further comment was made on these games other than for future fixtures.
    Training: Further training at Lord’s Academy. One session in March and two in April.
    These split between batting and bowling.
    Tim-Cobra is going to plan to host a scoring practice session, probably at his, taking full advantage of Sky+
  4. Fixtures discussed for the 2012 season are:
    1. Quantel at Welford – again, end of Mid to end of July – considering Olympics.
    2. NFTS at Penn Street, Mid September
    3. VCC 24th June – Back in Brockley Green?
    4. Lindfield, Sussex: Part of a Sussex tour?
    5. Tombleson’s Sussex Team: Part of a Sussex tour.?
    6. The Exiles, East Brighton Park, Sussex.
    7. Ryde, Isle of Wight: VCC have secured 13th May. Could we combine in some way?
    8. Graucho Club?
    9. Actors Anonymous: Huds was previously playing with them.
    10. Soho House, Babbington
    11. Royal Marsden Charity Event, Surrey.
    12. Penn Street Cricket Club, Penn Street.
    13. Ibiza match: Arrange through Sam?
    14. Chamois Bois: Oli’s partner, Margit has contact.
    15. Headingly Old Boys: Cobra has contact
    16. Short Stops, Kent
    17. Dotties, Griffin Inn, FLetching
    18. The Wrestlers, Joe Smith in Highgate
    19. The Full Tossers, Isle of Wight.
    20. Keble College
    21. Barnstaple, Phil Stewart – Oli’s Pal
      1. For all Matches we should try to group into tours if possible or separate by time.
      2. OLYMPICS to avoid dates are typically, July27th to August 12th.
      3. Fixture Fixers are:
        1. Philip Richardson to arrange:
          1. Quantel, NFTS, VCC, Lindfield, Tombleson, Ryde, Royal Marsden, Penn Street,
        2. Olivier Lauchenauer to arrange:
          1. Graucho Club, Actors Anonymous, Soho House, Ibiza, Camois Bois, Barnstaple
        3. Cobra to contact and help liaise on:
          1. Headingly Old Boys, Short Stops, Dotties, The Wrestlers, Full Tossers.
        4. Dan March to arrange:
          1. Keble College
  5. Event ideas discussed were regarding some scoring practice and hosting this at Cobra’s. Need to find out who is touring where and when we can see the matches to score them.
    As for Christmas drinks, we were for them, but it may be new year.
  6. Membership:
    1. Numbers are at 33 although we only have 11 fully paid members, the rest are affiliates.
    2. We keep our ethos the same. Try to attract as many affiliate members as possible and bring them slowly into the fold as fully paid members as and when we can.
    3. Subscriptions: Full Membership fee to be £40:00 of which £20:00 to charity.
      Menhaj Huds wanted to know what the subs were for:
      1. Net subsidies.
      2. Training subsidies
      3. Savings towards Kit for future seasons.
      4. Web site development and hosting
      5. Charitable donation.
      6. Time spent organising.
      7. Telephone calls.
  7. Sponsorship:
    1. Principally a single large sponsor but names mentioned included:
      1. Azule finance
      2. Fineline
      3. Collyer Bristow
      4. Coutts
      5. Ronnie Scotts
      6. Nat West
      7. Co-op – our bank
      8. PR companies
    2. We believe we need circa £5K for…
    3. Whites, caps, Jumpers, Patches and can we become card carrying SCC’ers and have ID cards made up??
      A Company called Albion make up caps in Australia and in the UK there is Cllub Colours in Suffolk
  8. Commissar changes
    1. Commissars were not effective this year and so we have decided to change the role of commissars and their make-up. All existing commissars were offered the chance to attend and volunteer, few did.
      So new commissars are:
      1. Kit Commissar: ROB DIXON
      2. Membership Commissar: DAN MARCH
      3. Treasurer Commissar: OLIVIER LAUCHENAUER
      4. Cultural Commissar: TIM GRAHAM
      5. Captain Commissar: MARK BLACKLEDGE
      6. Commissar Commissar: TONY DICKIE
      7. Commissar Premier
        and Vice-Captain on field: PHILIP RICHARDSON
  9. The Treasurers report was shown and passed by those present. No comments were made nor interest given. Special note was made to improve this scrutiny for next year. A full printed report will be attached.
  10. The Premier’s report was simple: Gratitude was given to all players and members and a call for ideas put out to all members present. Some were given but had been already mentioned within the minutes.
  11. No AOB brought up.

THE MEETING CLOSED