Behold, scrumptious minutes scrawled and reinterpreted by my good self which report the stunning pantomime of serious intent, which was our AGM. None of you would enjoy it or take any pleasure from it, so please continue to avoid it like the plague so that we may bear the strain of leadership and bleed before your eyes, the tears of burden.
Let the detail commence:
YURI – comrade commissar premier
- A huge turn-out of five attended:
- All were welcomed.
ILYEVA – comrade commissar treasurer
- Ilyeva presented the statements of account which were accepted. Comrade commissar Jontin noted that in all of his time dealing with sums, figures, balance sheets and accounting forms, he had never seen such a set of figures.
- CLICK ME FOR ACCOUNTS
- In regards to the bank, it was agreed that the 20-20 matches had upheld the accounts in the black.
- We must consider carefully the hosting of matches as they cost us.
- Membership fees are to go up to £50 from £40 but this includes the charitable donation which is remaining at £20.
- It was noted that other clubs’ fees are still substantially higher than ours.
- SCC hosted matches are to be charged at £15 whilst away matches are still £10. Remember that SCC hosted matches are quite rare and always superb!
- After much discussion, the AGM voted in favour of benefiting only Parkinson’s UK from last year’s available charitable funds. Royal Marsden had already benefited from £1,200.00 and more the previous years. The amount we shall pay from last year’s fees and reserves is to be discussed further and reported back before matches commence this year.
- More use will be made of the charity donation tins at all matches. No more hiding away.
COBRAMOVICH in place of BRANDONOVSKI – comrade commissar quartermaster
- Apologies presented to Yuri from Brandonovski. He was unable to attend due to the illness of the club mascot, Walwynski.
- It is hoped that the Quartermaster will provide a small report on last season’s kit and equipment.
- Cobramovich asked us to ensure that logins and passwords are available for Serious Cricket site.
- In regards to the SCC and Serious Cricket, their range is now improved and all of the SCC should check out this new delight of goodies.
COBRAMOVICH – comrade commissar cultural attache
- At this point, chips were ordered.
- In a drive to bring in PAWS as well as their players, Cobramovich suggested that this season we strive to have some Tee Shirts made up which bear the SCC logo, big and proud. Great idea and unanimously supported. Brando and Cobramo to arrange.
- NEW MEMBERS’ event to be Russian themed.
- Vodka tasting
- Prize event?
- Aim to make it Friday 1st May 2015.
- To my memory, Cobramovich will lead the organising.
- La tour d’Oxford 2015. (Deal with my terrible French, Soldya!) The Stoke Row tour covers two days with a night between which would admirably suit a team dinner. These are hellish events to organise as people need to sleep and eat in the same place. But the idea was mooted. There is apparently a suitable pub. Feelers will be put out.
- COBRAMOSIZE to be brought back. More publicity and an attendance drive for this worthwhile pre-season body and soul work out. Can be adjoined to a nets session.
- CAPTAINS’ REPORTS
- Cobramovich was pleased with the games at the beginning and the end of the season, LMS and Xiles. Very kind words in regards to Yuri at LMS. Quite splendidly impressed by the comrades’ performance in Brighton for the Xiles victory. Great depth and ability exhibited. Dagleyev shone! And Vlad mentioned that even the birds stopped singing during the excitement at the close of play.
- Jontin Stoke Row. Great victory, well deserved and only mired by one of our own players and a pity. Quote from captain Jontin, “If you’re in, stay in!” – who can argue with that. He held a firm hand on the match and is remorseless – splendid captaincy, Jontin. Lindfield – Another splendid victory. A match of three halves. Jontin is keen on batting first – a brief rustle of consternation – but so we did. Yuri brought back in to bowl fora second time after a first stint under-performing. Made a difference – Jontin providing a second chance. Team spirit talk really helped save us. Favourite quote of the match was between Sewelski and Jontin, the latter saying it was time to get back into the match, Sewelski returning, “No Jont’s, let’s go and win it!”. Brava!
- Yuri could remember little of the matches he captained due to the intense excitement. However, de did recall a general note which was how superb Hodderoff was as an opening bat. Then we discussed some general captaining points:
- When both bats realise the need for the weaker to sacrifice themselves, that event must be planned for and signalled clearly by the captain… And acted upon.
- Secret communications required when in bat and VC to take over when captain is batting.
- Captaincy training.
- NEW captains: Ilyeva and Vlad (Boringski) elected to captain a match this coming season and those from last year to be accommodated also. These can be either 20-20 or 40 over. Soldya required to captain Keble match.
- We must develop a Man of the Match system.
- YURI – AOB
- Royal Marsden, David Adams’ appeal challenge.
Significant debate was made over this annual fixture due to its cost and the fact that we nearly always lose out financially. The decision was to drop it unless we could get a suitable sponsor to reduce the costs for each player below £100. So who could sponsor us? Possibly Union? Maybe Finn if there was an option to pitch for Royal Marsden work obligation. To investigate.
- A winner’s meal (was it for Comrades’ comrade winner?) was considered at 10 Greek Street. good idea, but who is the winner and of what? Please remind me.
- VLAD: Let us have another field practice session as we did several seasons ago. This proved VERY popular and was previously played near Hampstead. LINK HERE to previous session. Let’s organise this, Yankheroff, fancy a planning session?
Vlad also suggested another fixture, the details of which have gone to Yankheroff.
- Separate call out for PAWS (Partner, wives and singles) to build a boundary side community and ensure support for all, players and mothers alike! Free T-Shirts!!!
- Royal Marsden, David Adams’ appeal challenge.
- FIXTURES AND DATES – courtesy of hard work by Yankheroff, 20-20 support by Cobramovich and Brandonovski.
An exciting summer of cricket lies ahead, comrades, with capitalist opposition both old and new. Traditional fixtures such as VCC, Xiles, Chesham, Linfield and Penn St are all in place, alongside a return to Stoke Row (with potential for a weekend mini-tour) and the summer is book-ended with home and away fixtures against our friends LMS. We also have new fixtures against Believers CC (thanks Soldya) and another attempt with Keble College in Oxford, which fell foul of the capitalist weather last June.I do need some help securing grounds for the VCC match in June and the Xiles match in July (I have made repeated enquiries with St James & Montefiore, to no avail. Maybe Chipmunkski can have a word?) Can I leave this with you lot please, as any day now I will be going off grid!
Sunday 26th – POSSIBLE Hildenborough CC v SCC (LINK TO HCC)
Friday 1st May – NEW MEMBERS’ DRINKS
Sunday 10th – LMS CC v SCC @ Southgate
- Friday 15th – F4 20/20 – Round 1 – Pitch 1: VCC v SCC
Saturday 16th – Penn St CC v SCC @ Penn St
- Wednesday 20th – possible David Adam’s appeal tournament in Teddington: Link
- Friday 29th – F4 20/20 – Round 2 – Pitch 1: SCC v Tavs
Saturday 6th June – Keble College 2nd XI v SCC @ Keble Sports Ground, Oxford
Sunday June 21st – SCC v VCC @ GROUND NEEDED PLEASE
Saturday July 4th – TBC v SCC @ TBC (potential tour match in Stoke Row area, LINK: NETTLEBED? )
Sunday July 5th – Stoke Row CC v SCC @ Stoke Row
Sunday July 19th – Xiles CC v SCC @ St James’ & Montefiore
- Friday 24th – F4 20/20 – Finals – Pitch 1: LMS v SCC / Awards Presentation
- Friday 31st – SCC v BOLCC 20/20 annual
Friday 7th – Linfield CC v SCC @ Linfield
Sunday 16th – Believers CC v SCC @ Battersea Park
Sunday 30th – Chesham Bois CC v SCC @ Chesham Bois
Sunday 20th Sept – SCC v LMS CC @ Chiswick Park
CHANGES AND AMMENDMENTS
Any attendees or contributors to the AGM who remember things differently or would like to note changes or omissions to these minutes, please email me and I shall make suitable corrections.
Many thanks for your works and interest, comrades all.